Yesterday, we had our 28 week check up with the doctor. At the visit, we got to hear little boy banging around in my belly on the Doppler. Dr. Doughtie seemed shocked that I had gotten so big. He said, "That baby has really grown!" Everything seems to be going well. They gave me a lovely orange glucose tolerance beverage, and an hour later they drew blood for the glucose test. They also drew blood to check my iron level again, and I received the lovely rhogam shot in the bottom. The shot was not any worse than any other shot I've had, in fact the flu shot hurts a lot worse! So, I am all taken care of for now, and hopefully all my blood work comes back normal. We scheduled my next appointment for December 5. Following that appointment, they have us scheduled that afternoon to go pre-register at the hospital. So, that was a reality wake up call for me. Wow! This is really going to happen! So, I have spent the afternoon doing the first of many loads of baby laundry.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm glad you're doing so well at the moment and hope all the bloodwork comes back with good news. How far do you live from the hospital where you will deliver?
Post a Comment