We have to go to four Christmas's between my family and Lance's and then have our Christmas at home with Kaden on Christmas morning. So, that's FIVE Christmas's for Kaden! By the end of the week, he thinks every where we go he is going to get presents to unwrap! He got this Christmas gift opening thing down good this year. He was so excited about Santa this year, and wasn't scared of him for the first time. He told Santa he wanted a "Lucky" Bouncy horse. And guess what? Santa listened!
Kaden received a letter from Santa in the mailbox. He was SO excited to open it and to look at the pictures on the letter! I kept it to put in his baby book. I love the way he tore into it and was so excited that Santa wrote him a letter that came in our mailbox just for him.
I sat in the chair with Kaden Christmas Eve night and read the story of the birth of baby Jesus out of Luke. He asked lots of questions. He wanted to know what a manger was. He asks me a lot about Heaven and how we get there. He also talks a lot about Jesus and God. He apologizes to God a lot for bad things he says, like "Oh My God!" when he knows to say "Oh My Goodness!" he'll immediately say, "I should have said Oh My Goodness!" You never realize how commonly that phrase is used in our society until you have a 2 year old that you are trying to guard their ears.
Kaden has such a sweet and tender heart. I love that most about him. He may pop off and say something, but he will always hug us and kiss us and tell us he is sorry. I hope and pray that he will always be so caring and affectionate to his family.
This is Kaden Christmas morning coming out of our bedroom to see what Santa had brought him!
His Lucky horse!
I haven't written a lot of things on here about Kaden recently, but he is really growing up and turning into a little boy everyday. I feel like my baby is long gone already. He tells me all the time when I accidentally call him baby, that "I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy!" I tell him he is Momma's baby, and always will be. He pretty well knows all dinosaurs, can name them, and tell you their names, something I surely can not do! It amazes me. He loves to color or "Paint" with his "MARKERS!" He loves his dinosaurs the most right now. We have gotten about 100 plastic dinosaurs at Good Samaritans over the last month and not spent any more than $2 a Wal-Mart bag full! We love that place for toys! And, when he gets tired of them, we will take them back there. It works GREAT! Kaden has really developed a BAD vocabulary the last couple weeks that is pretty embarrassing if I am honest. He says "BUTT HEAD!" Which he heard on BABE the movie, thanks Disney! He also says, "I DON'T like you" any and every time he doesn't get his way. He also picked up the word "Stupid!" somewhere. We tryed re directing these words, correcting these words, telling him why they are bad and we do not say them, we even spanked. Nothing worked. Kaden is VERY hard headed, and spanking does him no good. Very strong willed and acts like he could care less after a spanking, so that is not gonna work with him. All I know, is maybe he'll get sick of saying them soon, or my fear, he'll pick up new words to replace it with. Oh, the joys of parenting!
On Christmas Morning, Kaden was so excited to see what Santa had left for him. However, when he woke up he was convinced that Santa had not been to our house because QUOTE: "I didn't hear the reindeer on the roof and the dogs didn't bark at Santa!" Pretty smart for a 2 year old don't you think?
He was so into the goodies in his stocking. He L.O.V.E.D. giving the dogs their bones from their stockings. That was really cool that Santa remembered the dogs.
Somebody might be a jockey or a stunt rider in their future!
Oh how we love this little boy!
Kaden LOVED the glow sticks that Santa brought in his stocking! They were a HIT in the bathtub! If you haven't tryed this, you should! It's only a $1 for a whole tube of them! Fun entertainment for several nights!
Well, that wraps up Christmas at our house! Maybe one day I'll get Christmas at everyone else's houses posted. And, maybe I won't, but we had a very blessed and merry day!
Monday, January 2, 2012
Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, and more Christmas!
Posted by Kelly at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment