Saturday, June 16, 2012

Our Anniversary Day

I woke up this morning with such a grateful heart.  I looked at my sweet husband and Kaden Angus and felt so thankful for the life I have.  And, of course my ever growing belly which is only a few weeks away from delivering us our baby girl. 
I suddenly remembered how long I PRAYED and LONGED and felt so empty and all alone.  Being single is not fun or easy.  I remember being so desperate and longing for the day I would meet the right person to spend my life with and have a family with.  I would cry and pray and hope and search.  And, God had me wait, and I could not understand the waiting at the time.  But, I am so thankful and grateful that God always has a plan, even when we can't see it yet.
I had completely given up on finding someone and was about to relocate a month later to a larger city.  And, Lance saw me at the local elementary school as he was picking up his nephews and niece from school.  He had a connection.  His aunt taught with me.  He asked her to tell me about him.  She did.  I texted him.  We went to dinner that night.  Everything else is history.  We have been together since. 
Four years ago today I married my best friend.  The best husband and father a girl could ever hope for.  God blessed me with a wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally and would do anything in the world for me.  He also blessed us with a beautiful family.  I am so thankful for my family!
I love you Lance Mabe!  Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

Megan said...

So sweet!! Happy Anniversary friend!! Love you!!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Here's to many more!!