Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Great Day!

In education, we just don't have enough of these. I had a GREAT day at work, ya'll! I am finally caught up, and I really have been enjoying my classes this year. The kids are really good, and I couldn't ask for a better place to be this year considering both my physical and mental state. I feel bad for the kids I teach this year because I just don't want to be there, of course, they don't know that! But, at the same time they keep me going right now. I always get drawings and pictures and art work they have made for me to brighten my day. I think kids are God's gift to us, to remind us that when we grow up, we should still look at things like a child sometimes and not worry about the rest. Oh, to have the innocence of a child again!


So, I've FINALLY got a great system after 3 years with elementary/middle school aged kids. I have good discipline in place in my classroom and it works, and I have great organizational systems for them that work, and I am actually ORGANIZED myself this year. I've always been a very organized type, but this year I have really gotten it down. Something I started last year, but it was way too overwhelming teaching self-contained (all subjects) to keep up with. This year I have a 3 inch binder for each 6 weeks. In the binder I've sectioned it off by each week of the six weeks. After each divider you find my weekly lesson plan, assignments sheet, and any worksheets/handouts needed for the lessons that week. Wow! It is so nice when a parent comes to ask a question, and I pop my notebook open, and BAM! there's the assignments and/or item they had questions about. This way, next year I am ready to roll with lessons. I'll only have to make improvements as I go next year. I am planning to teach the SAME thing next year!

0 comments: