Kaden is really still a sick little fellow today. He is coughing his little head off, and just feels rotten. He has been laying around a lot today, which tells us for sure, he feels bad. I'm so ready for him to start feeling better. Poor little baby. Nana (my Mom) has been here a couple of days getting no sleep right along beside us, helping with Kaden and fixing us good Momma meals. I am recovering from my eye surgery well. It was hard not being able to rest afterwards because Kaden was so sick, but that's the way it goes. Lance is getting well, hopefully Kaden will soon, and even more hopefully they won't share with me. I have to return to work/school Monday morning. I have to admit I am dreading it right now. Just not ready to get back into the hustle and bustle of the everyday routine again. And wishing I had some more time to rest, a few more days would be nice.
In our two weeks off school we have had both the stomach virus and now the crud. So, maybe we should just work year round. Ha! (Just Kidding, I'd rather be off and sick.) Ha again!
Did anyone else's house look like this picture below after Christmas hit it? It took me an entire day to find homes for the new toys. And, this picture isn't ever half the toys we received. This little boy is very blessed to have family members that love him so much.
I am not making a New Year's resolution this year. Last year I decided to read my Bible everyday for the entire year, and I was very successful with that resolution and only missed reading a few days throughout the year. I read through the entire Old Testament this last year and it truly blessed me and changed my life. I am so happy I read my Bible daily. I am going to continue reading daily, since it is now a habit and I am now to the New Testament. I had also made a resolution last year to loose 10 pounds. I'll NEVER make that a resolution again. I did not succeed on that one. I lost a several pounds, yes, and got 3 pounds away from that goal before falling off the work out/diet plan and gaining back over 5 pounds, ending the year at only 4 pounds of total weight loss from last New Year's Day weight. So, no more goals on that. Just going to try to eat better and workout this year regularly. Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves about appearance and weight? God loves us just the way we are for our insides not our outsides. My only hope for this year is to slow down and enjoy and cherish every moment of being a Mommy. Kaden is growing up so fast, and I know it won't be long until he is all grown up and not a baby anymore. I want to cherish this time with him. After all, he is the most precious thing in my life.
Kaden, Lance & I wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year. Happy 2011!





1 comments:
I just feel so bad for you guys. I know you are all exhausted and want some relief! I am glad your Momma has been able to stay with you. I hope Kaden gets better soon!!!!
And yes, our house did and still does look like a toy disaster zone!
Does Kaden love his tent as much as Hayden. I think he would stay in it all day if he could. He loves that thing!
Post a Comment