Over the past month we have done quite a few renovations around the house, starting with Kaden's new bedroom. We decided to move Kaden into the bigger of our two extra bedrooms. For some reason there was country blue and white striped wall paper with football player border all the way around the room. WHY???? I guess some one in this house's past liked football. But, also it was all about the 80's wallpaper. Someone was probably totally going with the style of decorating when that wallpaper was hung. But, I am glad it is gone! I can't stand wallpaper. And, there is FINALLY officially no more wallpaper in this house, and it was in EVERY room when I moved in a little over two years ago. This house has changed/updated a lot in just over two years.
Stripping wallpaper is not a fun job. But, with my little helper it was pretty fun!

This is what the room looked like before we started...

Can you imagine why I wanted to update this room? NICE, huh? I am glad to have it gone. After the wallpaper was gone my wonderful hubby and I striped the walls using pencils and levels and tape measures and lots of patience! Ha! That was the hardest part, marking off the stripes. This is Kaden helping stripe the walls...

This is what the room looked like after day one of painting, but day 4 of the total project! (It was time consuming, and very hard with little guy helping!)

Look how dingy those white walls were! Yuck! The next day, day 5 of the project, I painted yellow.

And, day 6 RED Day!!!!

Isn't it amazing the difference that can be made with a little paint??? Here are some more finished pics...

Notice the pretty white window seat now. This was day 8, trim, molding, window box, and doors and doorways. Day 9, the closet.... I think his closet turned out super cute, looks like a continuation of the room...

Day 10, Daddy installed a brand new ceiling fan and 3 inch hard wood blinds. Mommy still has to install curtains, and we will be done! Except for the moving in part! We have moved in his crib and toys, but nothing else yet. Will post more pictures when we finally finish the room. We have to buy some toy storage items and get some art for the walls.
Kaden was very glad to be done with his new room. This is him passed out in his crib for his first nap in his new room!

That was quite the project, and I am glad to be done painting! And, almost completely done with his bedroom! Pictures to come soon of the completed room! Now, on to the next project!
Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. -Matthew 5:16
Stripping wallpaper is not a fun job. But, with my little helper it was pretty fun!
This is what the room looked like before we started...
Can you imagine why I wanted to update this room? NICE, huh? I am glad to have it gone. After the wallpaper was gone my wonderful hubby and I striped the walls using pencils and levels and tape measures and lots of patience! Ha! That was the hardest part, marking off the stripes. This is Kaden helping stripe the walls...
This is what the room looked like after day one of painting, but day 4 of the total project! (It was time consuming, and very hard with little guy helping!)
Look how dingy those white walls were! Yuck! The next day, day 5 of the project, I painted yellow.
And, day 6 RED Day!!!!
Isn't it amazing the difference that can be made with a little paint??? Here are some more finished pics...
Notice the pretty white window seat now. This was day 8, trim, molding, window box, and doors and doorways. Day 9, the closet.... I think his closet turned out super cute, looks like a continuation of the room...
Day 10, Daddy installed a brand new ceiling fan and 3 inch hard wood blinds. Mommy still has to install curtains, and we will be done! Except for the moving in part! We have moved in his crib and toys, but nothing else yet. Will post more pictures when we finally finish the room. We have to buy some toy storage items and get some art for the walls.
Kaden was very glad to be done with his new room. This is him passed out in his crib for his first nap in his new room!
That was quite the project, and I am glad to be done painting! And, almost completely done with his bedroom! Pictures to come soon of the completed room! Now, on to the next project!
Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. -Matthew 5:16
1 comments:
Looks awesome!! I love the before, during, and after pics!
Post a Comment