Saturday, February 28, 2009

Diaper Experiment!

I am not advertising for these companies, I just wanted to blog about the difference in diapers. It is truly amazing, from one extreme to the other. Here are our favorites and the WORST diapers ever! (In my opinion, of course.)
We started off in the hospital with Pampers Swaddlers Size 1. I loved them, of course, it was our first diaper experience.
They are good for newborns because typically newborns have small amounts of poop and don't overfill these diapers. They are the SOFTEST and sweetest against the skin diapers for newborns, these diapers feel the best of any of the diapers for newborns, which makes them my next to top favorite.
My first favorite is Huggies Gentle Care. Now, I have to admit these are not as SOFT as the Pampers Swaddlers, but they just hold up better and don't leak!!! The pampers had a couple blow outs. Overall, I like these Huggies the best. They also come with the cord curve cut out for size N and 1.
The WORST diaper so far is LUVS. They are AWFUL!!! Not only are they made out of this hard, scratchy plastic that STICKS to the babies skin, they blow out. They do not hold up at all. I pretty much hate these diapers and will never buy them again. It's basically like wrapping your baby up in plastic wrap after using the other two mentioned above. Sorry Luvs, We tried!
There are more diapers we are trying out and I will keep you posted as we get through with them!

4 comments:

The Bradley Clan said...

For what it's worth, it's been our experience (and many of my friends') that for small babies, Pampers work better for girls, Huggies for boys. As they get older, though, it doesn't seem to matter as much. We've been using Huggies for awhile for Eva because they are the best value (for good diapers) at Sam's (200 size 3 diapers for $39!).

KAL071203 said...

It's so funny to me that you hate luvs...i'm a mama for the second time around now, for my first son we only used pampers because he peed through huggies. my second son couldn't keep his clothes clean in a pampers if his life depended on it and we used huggies...however once both my boys have hit about size 3 I switch to luvs, which I do like but talking to other moms they either love them or absolutly hate them! As far as wipes I swear by huggies shea butter LOVE them! oh also BJ's and Costco brand diapers are awful..and huggies overnights are my fave for the overnights when your little guy starts sleeping through the night (I promise he will, and you too will get to sleep through the night again:)...anyway your babe is beautiful...

Mommyof3 said...

So funny:) I LOVED Luvs and hated Huggies. I always thought my babies smelled like pee when they wore Huggies. I would've bought Pampers if they didn't cost so much. All mom's are different.

Can I ask how Montana passed?

-Valerie

The Bradley Clan said...

I second the second comment. We used Luvs with our first two kids as they got older until they potty trained. We've stuck with Huggies this time around just because I can get such a good deal at Sam's. As for wipes, I also love the smell of the cucumber melon Huggies wipes, but I hardly ever get them because the plain wipes are so much cheaper. :(