Monday, March 16, 2009

Back to Work?

What? You mean I have to go back? Yes, my principal called to "CHECK" on me this week, but I think the real reason for the call was to see if I intended to come back to work or not. So, I will be going back to the world of 5th grade Language teacher on April 6th. Yikes! The kids have a TAKS test on April 7th, so I am coming back the day before their math test. What fun! The good news, that week is a short week with Good Friday off, so my first week back will only be 4 days instead of 5. Oh my, I can not EVEN think of leaving Kaden!!! I have three weeks from today to enjoy my baby before I have to go back to work. I am SO SAD that I have to go back. (Not because of my job, but because I don't want to leave Kaden.) Oh Boy! Any suggestions for a smoother transition going back to work with a new baby???

2 comments:

Veronica Tyler said...

Back to work - With my first I cried for the entire month before I had to go back - I only had 6 weeks off total - I just couldn't stand the thought of leaving her, she was mine, she was my responsibility. So my employer let me go back part time, it was easier - not easy, but easier. After a week I was fine - she was happy and I enjoyed my job - for the most part.

Anonymous said...

How well I remember.... It helped that at the times I had babies, my mom kept them. I was fortunate. I missed them but knew my mom had them.

Kelly, you are a great planner and organizer. These skills will HELP you a lot. Then you can have time to play with Kaden. :)