That's right folks, my five week old little man weighed 12 pounds exactly this morning at the doctor!!! He is growing like CRAZY!!! Probably from all that eating he does! My doctor said he was a P-I-G!!! I told her that I was still having to feed him every two hours, and that he is eating 4 ozs. every two hours. She said for me to stop it! She said at minimum he should eat every three hours but probably more like four by now. So, she is having me start him on rice cereal in his bottles. Yes, I went to formula completely. He is doing great on formula. And, as of today he is only eating every 4 hours with the cereal. Praise the Lord, the boy is getting full, at last!
We went in for nasal congestion/drainage. He's not sick, but I just feel so bad for him because it is so hard for him to breathe. She said his lungs are crystal clear, so that's great, his ears look great. He has normal newborn congestion. She said their little nasal passages are so small and they refuse to breathe through their mouths, so it sounds awful when they breathe. She gave us a prescription for a decongestant/antihistamine. We also went and bought some little noses saline, I put a couple drops in each nostril, rub it a little, and then suction. You would not BELIEVE the stuff that came out of his little nose, no wonder he couldn't breathe! Poor baby! She also told me I could have him sleep some in his car seat/carrier to help him breathe better.
So far tonight things are going better! We got to take a FOUR hour nap this afternoon after him eating with cereal! Which was necessary because we sleep 1 hour last night. I am HOPING to sleep tonight!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Twleve Pound Baby!!!
Posted by Kelly at 11:19 PM
Labels: 5 week doctor visit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like he's a healthy little man, with a big appetite Momma! For us, when Brenden is stuffy we put him in his vibrating chair (although he has never liked the vibrating, so we've rarely used that.) for him to sleep in. Ours is bigger b/c it converts into a toddler rocker. But, you can safely latch him in it and he stays put all night. (It's a God send for nap time too!) It allows him to be inclined and breath easier and not as cramped as in a car seat with the harnesses. Not sure what type of chair you have, but this is what works for us so I thought I would share! Hope Kaden feels better soon!
My kids slept in the baby swing a lot when they were really congested. There were probably more than a few nights that I let them swing all night long, though if I woke up and thought about it I would turn the motion off. Glad things are getting better for you guys, though it probably doesn't feel like after a night of only 1 hour sleep!!
Post a Comment