Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Camping at Lake Ouachita, Arkansas plus a RECIPE

Photobucket


We left last Friday morning at the crack of dawn to meet up with my family and drive to Arkansas. We seriously had a convoy of trucks, campers, and cars on the drive up. We were all loaded down with bicycles on the back of the campers and trucks. Both my brothers, my two sister-in-laws and both my brothers kids came along as well as my mom and step-dad and my Granny. We had a good time! Minus a few hundred chigger bites on my legs and my Granny falling out of the camper and hurting herself. (Bless her heart, it scared us all so badly! She is just bruised, we think!)

Photobucket


While camping we mainly just sat around and visited with everyone as best we could in the heat and humidity! Geez, so much for thinking it would be cooler in Arkansas! Lance & I went bike riding up the mountains (ouch my legs!), we went swimming in the lake with nieces and nephews (huge progression for both of us who HATE getting in lakes!) (THAT'S HOW HOT IT WAS!!!!), and we also went on a 3 hours strenuous hike through the national forest. We thought we were lost before it ended! We were tired and I'm sure that is were I picked up my little chigger friends! Uuuggghhhh! Why me?

Photobucket

Photobucket


Some little critter had made a front porch on their house...ha!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Kaden was the BEST baby the whole trip and laughed and entertained everyone. He slept good at night and enjoyed playing the whole trip. He will sit up alone now, and I will put a little blue plastic bucket in front of him that has about three toys for him to choose from and that will entertain him for hours. He loves to look at things and watch how his hands work! It's pretty cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


*************************************************************************************
Cream Cheese Butter!!! That's Right, Cream Cheese Butter!!! What could be better? Or easier to make?

I used my Kitchen Aid mixer again! I put equal parts of butter and cream cheese in the mixing bowl and let it set there and soften (maybe 30 minutes), then using the paddle I mixed it all together and put it in our recycled butter dishes.

It is just YUMMY on breads, rolls, bagels, sweet rolls, or anything you use butter on!

0 comments: