Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week One with Kallie Ann

Truly, I never imagined I could feel so behind on things as I do now.  But, finally, my baby girl is three weeks old today and I am getting around to her FIRST week post here on the blog.
Life with baby girl is great.  She is a good baby, except for her preference to sleep all day and stay awake all night, which has left Mommy exhausted!
The first week was very hard.  I had no idea my body could hurt so bad and have so many issues all at once.  The tubal really left me sore and in pain for several days which I did not expect for some reason, plus I had some internal stitches from delivery, and severe hemorrhoids.  I know that's too much information, but it is true and I want baby girl to know one days just what I suffered to get her here!  Ha!  On top of that, she had issues latching to breast feed and I had to pump a lot and supplement her with formula bottles.   From Friday the 13th (her birth date) to Monday the 16th, she went from 9 pounds 2 ounces at birth to 8 pounds 4 ounces three days later.  It was a ruff first week of waking her every three hours and making sure she ate enough so she wouldn't loose anymore weigh, but start to gain.  We went back on Wednesday the 18th, two days later, and she was up to 8 pounds, 7 ounces.  Then, on Friday the 27th we went for her 2 week well visit and she weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces.  At that appointment we started acid reflux medicine for her fussiness, gassiness, gagging, and spitting up.  We went back for a weight check on Monday the 29th and she weighed 8 pounds, 14 ounces.  So, she is slowly but surely gaining back to her birth weight.  And, I bet if I had a scale today on her 3 week birthday, I bet shes pretty close to her birth weight. 

 My Mom finished the bows for Kallie's wall, I think her room looks adorable!  She loves to look around in there. 
This picture was taken on Saturday, July 14th, at one day old in the hospital.
She wore this Little Sister Onesie home that Kaden picked out for her.
If you notice all the redness and hemorrhaging in her eyes, bless her heart, it's bruising from being born too fast.  I was hurting her and she was hurting me on her way out to this big world.
Also, on her right eyelid it is really red, I thought that was a bruise as well, but it hasn't went away at three weeks and the pediatrician says its a birth mark. 
Ok, I take that back, she didn't wear the onesie home from the hospital, but she wore it all day her first day, she wore this other onesie and pink pants home.
We didn't get to leave the hospital until dark that evening, LONG story, but the nursery was not wanting us to leave because she was not nursing well.
This was as soon as we arrived home.  Kaden had to welcome baby sister home with some lovin!
Big Brother Loves Holding his baby!
Lots of time in the bassinet the first week.  And, bless her heart, you can see her bruised up face from delivery.  She also wore the mittens the first week because she has some serious cat scratching fingernails.  And when she is mad she tares her face up with the fingernails.
Daddy took this picture of his two babies laying on our bed.  Doesn't Kaden look HUGE?
I love newborns!  She can curl up in all these crazy tight positions just like she was in my belly.
I have so many pictures of Kaden asleep on Lance in the recliner.  Looks like I'll have just as many with Kallie.  They love to sleep on Daddy's chest.  The snoring doesn't seem to bother either child the way it bothers me!

Babies are not easy to photograph!  These are my attempts of getting pictures of cute outfits at just a couple days old...
I don't know about ya'll, but I always remember who gave us what outfit with my kids.
The necklace onsie, pink socks and matching bow came from Marsha, and the denim skirt from her Aunt Tonya, that denim skirt has ruffles on the back, so cute!!!
I bought one of these flower headbands in every color off ebay for a steal!  Kaden LOVES them, he says she looks like a FLOWER!  He picked out this onesie that says Pretty as a Daisy.  My Mom bought her the sweet pull on pants she wears with her onesies.
Kaden bought Kallie these sweet bear house shoes.  He picks out the sweetest things for her.
He loves to love on sister even when she doesn't like it so much.
And, here's Miss Kallie Ann at one week old! 
More to come soon...



 


2 comments:

Sarah said...

She is precious! I want to hold her!!!

Megan said...

Sweet sweet sweet! Im dying to love on her. Can we come by this week?