Wednesday, July 23, 2008

12 Week Update

So far everything seems to be smooth sailing right along in this pregnancy. I am in my 12th week of pregnancy, which marks the end of the first trimester. So, next week I'll officially be in the second trimester of pregnancy. It's hard to believe that I have been growing a baby for 3 months now!
Today, July 23, Lance & I went for my 12 week check up. Unfortunately, he didn't do a sonogram, but we did get to hear the baby's heartbeat. Which, to me, sounded like a little baby clydesdale horse gallopping through my belly, very quickly might I add. It was sweet! Lance wanted to see the baby so bad, so I think he was/is disappointed a little bit. So, our doctor said I could wait and come back in about 5 weeks, at which point he will do a sonogram. So, on Sept.4 we go for a sonogram, at about 17 weeks. Hopefully, at that visit he will be able to determine the sex of the mabe babe. So, we are looking forward to that visit!
According to the doctor's office scales (which I hate) I have gained 3 pounds since my first visit 5 weeks ago. But, according to my home digital scales, I have only gained about 2 pounds. Either way, I am now pushed to that 140 mark, which I have never weighed in my life! I'm sure the weigh ins will just get worse, but I also don't care because I am growing a BABY!
Lance & I went on a weekend get-away for the weekend last weekend. While away he took me to buy maternity clothes. My clothes are just all getting too tight on the belly. He bought me several cute outfits I can work in, and just some comfy stuff to wear around the house. He really loves me and takes great care of me! And, I feel so much better with looser clothes on. They are so comfortable!
Both Dad (Lance) & Mom (I) went to the chiropractor for a much needed adjustment. We both felt like taller people leaving the adjustment, we were both pretty out of shape. I already feel better, my back and headache. So, I am going to keep regular appointments throughout this pregnancy to try to keep my back straightened out.
I have painted the nursury already, and have refinished a dresser and painted it. So, the baby room is coming right along. I painted a neutral light brown color with white trim and white furniture, so it can be used either way. However, Lance & I found the CUTEST western themed stuff on our get-away and had to buy it. So, the nursury will be western themed, boy or girl.
We are both VERY excited about this baby, and as always I can not wait to grow a little to see that this baby is actually growing too!
We plan to post some pictures in the weeks to come of the nursery so far and my belly bump. For now that's the Mabe Babe update!

0 comments: