Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Jouney begins for the Mabe Babe...

Lance & I are expecting our first baby in February 2009. Official due date is February 4, 2009. This is Lance's Birthday, which he is super excited about. He's getting a baby for his birthday! And, his 40th birthday, at that! I am in my 10th week of pregnancy, almost to week 11. So, we have a LONG time to go! But, only a couple more weeks of the first trimester. You still can't tell that I am expecting by looking at me, but I sure feel different. I have been sick a lot this first trimester, and am looking forward to feeling better in the second trimester. My first prenatal visit with the Dr. was on June 23, 2008. I got to see the babies heart pounding away! It was the neatest experience to see that little bitty baby just working away! I was so happy to see that baby! The doctor said that day that I was 6 weeks, 5 days. I haven't gained any weight yet, and I'm still wearing my normal clothes, they are just getting a little uncomfortable in the belly area. I'm excited to grow a little and actually see that this baby is growing! I go back for my 12 week visit on July 23, and Lance will be going with me to this appointment. Lance & I will be posting all our baby updates on this blog. We hope you enjoy our pregnancy as much as we are! We are so ready to meet this little baby growing away in my belly!

3 comments:

Tonya,Lewis said...

this babe is a blessing, I alwo hope you get to feeling better soon. Love ya Sis

Elaine Bailey said...

Kelly, I hope you get to feeling better soon. I am so happy for you. Rochelle has been keeping me posted on your comings and goings, so I already knew you were pregnant. Perhaps at some point I will be able to see you again and meet Lance and Mabe Babe! Take care of yourself, and most of all, enjoy being pregnant! It is a wonderful experience, though you will get tired by the end. At least you won't be due during the summer months - the winter is a good time to be "big!"

Love you,
Elaine

Amy said...

OMG! Kelly, Brenden's b-day is Feb 4th. How funny is that! Enjoy this time w/ Lance b/c before you know it life will be crazy and wonderfully all about Little Mabe Babe!

Amy