Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bringing in the New Year...

We are having a fun family day today. Lance and I are both off work through the weekend. ( I am NOT at ALL looking forward to going back to work Monday morning....Uuuuggghhh!!! It will be a LONG time until Spring Break!) Lance and Kaden are taking a nap right now and I am trying to get caught up on a few things while they sleep! Then, we are going over to Lance's parents and cooking deer steak for his family! That's right, Lance FINALLY got a deer and he and I have 'worked up' the back strap into steaks! Yum-o! (If your not a venison eater, I apologize, actually, no I don't because it's GOOD!) We LOVE chicken fried deer steak around here! And, we should be stocked for several months.
What's Kaden up to? He is standing for LONG seconds at a time all by himself and not even realizing it! He is taking a couple steps at a time. and really could care less about the whole thing. He doesn't even notice that he is walking! He is PUSHING his toy table and walking behind it! He will be walking VERY soon ya'll! I can't BELIEVE my baby will be walking around soon. CRAZINESS! He is changing and growing up SO fast!
Just in case you wonder, Piper and Sadie, our dogs are STILL here and LOVING Kaden these days. Kaden thinks it is hilarious to feed Sadie his puff snacks and she LOVES them, so they may become great friends after all. Kaden LOVES Piper, he laughs uncontrollably when Piper goes to catch her dinosaur toy. He Loves to play with her. He is even trying to say Piper. He'll say "Pu." "Pu."
It is TOO cute! Here's my nine year old Piper in her new Christmas bed, this bed was actually bought for Sadie, but Sadie wasn't interested in it, Piper took it over and loves it.

Photobucket

And, here's Sadie refusing to sleep in her new bed...

Photobucket

Kaden stands at the door when Lance leaves to go anywhere and crys!

Photobucket


He LOVES his Daddy, and he is starting to TRY to open the front door. (Thank goodness he isn't strong enough!)

Photobucket



He also LOOKS out with the dogs, especially when Lance is in the yard.

Photobucket

He wants to be with his Daddy ALL the time. He throws a fit and wraps himself around Lance's legs until he picks him up! (He does the same to me when he wants to be held) (Makes it hard to cook! Ha!)

Speaking of cooking, Kaden L-O-V-E-S to be in the kitchen HELPING me. Like this, HE got on the dishwasher door ALL by himself!

Photobucket

Here he is having a bath while spending the night with Nana and Grandpa!

Photobucket

Kaden spent his first two nights away from mom and dad with my mom. Lance and I went to a concert in Dallas and got home WAY to late, then I had to do a GIRLS NIGHT out with Hilary before her wedding and we all stayed in a hotel. He did great!

Kaden's Nana and Grandpa bought him a drum for Christmas, among many other things...
Photobucket

We think he may have an interest in music when he grow up, he seems to be a natural with all instruments. We'll see... Here I am playing backup for him...Ha!

Photobucket

Are ya'll ready for 2010? A new year begins tomorrow. 2009 has been a wonderful year for Lance and I with the birth of Kaden, a year I will never forget and will always treasure the memories we have made with our baby boy. But, 2009 has been a hard year for our extended families and we are hoping for a new year of hope, joy, peace and new love for their lives. More on that tomorrow! Happy New year All!

Kaden wishes you all a happy and safe New Year's Eve tonight!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Megan said...

OOOHHHH!! I love me some deer steak...fried...yummy!! :-) Maybe we will have that tomorrow night!

Happy New Year my friend! Let's get together!