Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Monday 2010

Today we remember William Douglas "Doug" Richardson who served as a Staff Sgt. in the Marine Corp. Doug served two tours to Iraq, one in 2004 for 8 months, the other in 2005. He was killed on duty during his second tour to Iraq. Doug had just turned 30 when he died, he had been married for two and a half years to Catherine, one of my very best friends. Catherine is currently serving our country in Afghanistan as a marine. She is a captain in the Marine Corp and her job is an adjutant. She is on a year long tour currently.
I am so thankful to have known Doug personally through Catherine. You can read more about Doug here. I am so in awe of those who serve for the rest of us. Catherine has a daughter, Adeline, who will be two in July. Adeline is currently living with her grandparents while Catherine is deployed. Our military men and women sacrifice precious time away from their children, spouses, families and friends so we can do what we do everyday. I am at a lack of words to describe my admiration and gratitude for what they do each day for our country. They are STRONG! Thank you to all of you who have served and are currently serving in our military.

Kaden & I started off our Memorial day with a swift bike ride. Six miles of pumping 50 extra pounds for me, and a nice relaxing layed back stroll for Kaden. We got rained on for about two minutes of our hour ride, and it felt good. Then, it stopped. I had hoped it would continue to rain on our garden, but no such luck! Our garden is growing like crazy and if it continues at this rate we will be covered in fresh produce very soon. I can't wait.
I got the entryway of our house painted a color today, kicking off my list of summer to-do's. I also started painting in the laundry room but didn't get far before Kaden lost his cool with my painting! Ha! He needed my attention badly! :)
That's pretty much our exciting, relaxing, memorial day holiday.

Here's a picture of Kaden with his J.J., and cousins Chandler and Chandra at the zoo!

Photobucket

On our way to the zoo, we were very happy with our mini van capacity!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My little boy definitely likes the ladies, what can I say??

Photobucket


Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore! Remember His marvelous works which He has done. Psalms 105: 4 & 5

0 comments: