Two years ago today we found out that we were going to have our first baby. It is a day I will never forget, my excitement was indescribable. Wow! I could have never imagined that day having this precious red headed little boy who is so full of life and energy. He is so funny and silly! He has changed our life forever. I can already barely remember what it was like before I had Kaden to care for. Now my life is just that, to take care of Kaden.
This little boy LOVES GRAVY!!! These pics are of him dunkin some fries in gravy! Who wouldn't love that? Ha! 


Kaden had fresh strawberries ( a favorite which he could easily eat a pint a day alone) cheerios, and yogurt bites and some applesauce for breakfast. Ha also drank some orange, strawberry, banana juice! He just might turn into a strawberry! He downs 6 ozs of strawberry flavored whole milk eat morning when he wakes up. This little boy likes to eat! He is used to his J.J. cooking him breakfast each morning. She cooks him an egg, biscuits, and sometimes sausage.
I am sitting here writing this as Kaden self feeds himself his snack. It is SO nice to have a little independence! I can now eat while he eats! What a concept! (It's the small things in mommyhood that make us happy.)
This is Kaden helping Granddaddy feed...
There are a couple families of people I went to high school with that really need to be lifted in prayer. The first is Keith Williams. He is on hospice and not expected to be with us much longer. He is married and has two very small children. Keith is a strong christian and is witnessing his faith to everyone he comes in contact with. My prayers are for his sweet wife and babies, to help them through this horrible time in their lives. Please pray for their comfort during this most difficult time. The second, is Miss Sophie. She is fighting a tumor in her brain. She is bright eyed and so strong! You can read more about her here. I graduated high school with her mommy.
This is Kaden showing me his nose. "Nose," he says.
I am so thankful for my healthy baby and my healthy family. It's the little things we take most for granted, like our good health, when so many suffer.
Kaden & I are off to play in the front yard (swing, wagon, bug car) in the shade before it gets TOO hot! Which won't be long! Ya'll have a great Saturday!
This is what Daddy and Kaden are doing right now!
P.S. I love Summer! Iced Tea and swinging on the porch swing with my sweeties!
"In My father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." John 14:2&3
"but lay up yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:20
But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means proceed those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout , with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4: 13-18
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Two years of BABY!
Posted by Kelly at 1:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I haven't met Sophie, but I just realized that I already know about her through her aunt, with whom she and her mom and sister have been staying in Bryan while she receives radiation treatments in Houston. (Her cousin is one of Nico's best buddies.) What a small world. She will continue to be in our prayers.
Post a Comment