Sunday, September 5, 2010

Our little house, a little better...

We have been working on our house, slowly but surely, for a little over a year and a half now. One project at a time. And, we still have a few things to do, but I am just so pleased with how everything is looking now. I wanted to share some before and after pictures of our projects.

It is so funny to look back at this picture now, this was taken when Kaden was about 3 months old. We still had our old light fixture which was long florescent lights, the old original stove, oven, microwave, back splash, wall paper border, old bar stools, etc...

Photobucket

I didn't realize how DATED it looked until now!
Here is the same space after new ceiling fan instead of fluorescent lights, paint, stove, oven, microwave, bar stools, and back splash. All we lack it our stainless matching refrigerator, which we will have delivered this week! (So excited about that!) Finally, everything will match. We are moving the white side by side refrigerator to our utility room.

Photobucket

I think it is going to look so complete with the new fridge. The only thing we have left to do to the kitchen is new cabinet hardware to match the stainless stuff. And, if we stay here forever, we may one day replace counter tops. Other than that, it is complete! YAY!

Our dining room was VERY cramped with the 6 chairs and longer table. We bought a new round table and four chairs. It does have an insert to make the table longer, but it is perfect small for us for everyday use.

The before...All that wall paper! (That was fun, by the way!)
Photobucket

The after...
Photobucket

Finally, we are out of the 80's country blue wall paper! I love the darker wood furniture, I think it looks so much nicer than the white!

Our living room before...

Photobucket Look at little bittie Kaden in that bouncy chair!!! Ha!

Old wall paper entry way...
Photobucket

The old couch... (HATED IT!)
Photobucket

We got rid of all Lance's old furniture! The couch, big blue recliner, coffee table, in tables, lamps, and got a new leather recliner. We got my king ranch antique cane back couch out of storage and my red coffee table and in table out of storage. I think it looks like a new place in there! (And, I'm NOT done!)

The new...
Photobucket

I still have to re-hang our big mirror centered and take the pictures down off the walls. I have some metal textured tiles to do a wall hanging with, I am excited to see how it looks when I get finished. I will post a more 'decorative' update once I find all the right pieces. I had a lot of antique red accessories and I just can not put them out right now because of little hands. He just can't leave them alone. So, no decorative accessories on the coffee table and end tables until he's bigger!

Photobucket

I love that I can use this old antique folding table as an entry way table now. And, no more wall paper at the front door! In fact, there is no more wall paper in this entire house. Thank Goodness!

Photobucket


Other rooms to come soon! Hope you are all enjoying your Labor Day. We are having brisket and all the fixings for lunch today. Yum!!!


Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it. Psalm 127

1 comments:

Megan said...

You go girl!!! Looks so FABULOUS!! I know it feels so great to have some change! ;-) Did you go to Canton??