![]() |
| This is Kaden in his two year old Sunday School class with his Daddy. There are three sweet boys in his class. |
We were delayed getting to the two year well check at the pediatricians office. The day it was scheduled for the first week of February, Kaden's actual 2 year birthday, was a snow day. So, we had to rescedule for a whole month later. He went for his well visit with his Daddy. This is the very first time I did not go to the doctor with Kaden. I was the only one who felt bad about it, I don't think Kaden cared, in fact, he'd prefer to go with his Daddy over me anyday. Kaden is CRAZY about Daddy! He's a Daddy's boy for sure! :)
Kaden now can TALK to his doctor. He says her name and told her all kinds of things at the visit. Our pediatrician is pregnant and expecting her third baby boy. She was trying for a girl.
The visit went well. My child, as usual, is HUGE! He weighed in at 34 pounds and 2 ozs. (95%) Last week at my doctor visit that he had to go one with me, he weighed 34 pounds and 6 ozs. He's such a heavy boy! He is 37 1/2 inches tall. (95%) That's just over three feet at TWO! If the old saying is true that you can take their height at two and add the same height to it and that is how tall they will be. If this is true he will be over 6 foot tall! CRAZY!!! I'm 5'8 and Lance is 5'10. Kaden head measured 19 3/4 inch (90%). Kaden had to get one booster shot at this visit and he took it like a champ!
Kaden is very healthy and happy and for that I couldn't be happier or thank God more. My prayers have been answered for a healthy child.
![]() |
| This is the three boys playing music with their songs they are singing. They love this! |
We are working on discipline a lot these days. Kaden is VERY strong willed (like his Mother). He has starting telling me and Lance "NO!" when he doesn't want to do something. He tests us to the max! I am consistent in telling him No firmly once and telling him if you do that again you sit on the couch. He does it again, he gets a spanking (pat on the diaper!) and a sit down on the couch for two minutes. It works because he cries and hates this time-out time! He is definitely a child that will have to be spanked to know his limits. After about a minute and a half, he starts saying this... "I SOWRY MOMMY!" "I SOWRY!" It's so cute. He always says he is sorry when he gets up and I always give a hug and tell him that Mommy loves him very much but you can't blah, blah, or blah. For the most part this goes well. So far.
![]() |
| Playing music in Sunday School. |
Kaden is unfortunately NOT sleeping in his own bed. He sleeps with us, terrible to admit, but true. With both our work schedules and how tired we are in the evenings it has been impossible to fight the screaming and crying all night if we try to put him in his bed. The only way he sleeps in his bed is if one of us sleeps with him in it. This is something we are about to change. I am going to put a small toddler bed beside our bed in HOPES that he will sleep in it and that will be a great start to getting him out of our bed. Kaden did sleep in his own crib PERFECTLY until last July, at which time Lance switched to a day shift from a night shift job. Kaden slept in his bed when it was just me and him here because he knew I made him. Lance won't make him though, and he can't stand it if he cries, so he rescues him. A couple nights of rescues turned into Kaden in bed with us every night, because at the same time I started my Ag teaching job and was exhausted at night to the point of "I don't care what ya'll do, just let me get some sleep so I can function tomorrow!" This is how it happened, and 9 months later, he's still in our bed. It is getting ridiculous! He is WAY to big and we don't sleep well with him in the bed. It's time to CHANGE this pattern. Just wish Daddy would jump on board. Pray about that for me.
![]() |
| This is what Kaden does between Sunday School and church time, climbs up in the choir. See his little head up there? |
There's my boys! Love THEM!!!!









2 comments:
Don't feel like you're doing a terrible thing by letting Kaden sleep with you. You do whatever you have to do to get some sleep! Nicolas slept with us until he was over 2 1/2.
There are two things I did to get Nicolas to sleep by himself, finally. First, I gradually progressed from lying down next to him in bed, to sitting next to his bed holding his hand, to sitting next to his bed without touching him, to sitting across the room, to sitting outside his door. I did each of those for a several nights until I didn't have to sit outside his room anymore. I also made him a bedtime sticker chart. The first one had 6 or 9 sticker squares, and for each night that he went to sleep by himself in his bed, he got a sticker in the morning. When he filled it up, he got a "big" prize (for him, it was a $20 Thomas train). The next chart had a lot more squares (16 or 20) and he got a smaller prize (a $10 train). Then I conveniently kept forgetting to make him a 3rd chart, but he didn't need one. Nicolas and Sophia shared a room, so we couldn't let him cry it out in his own bed without him waking her up, and these two things worked wonderfully for him without a bunch of crying. I also encouraged him to read in his bed at night if he wanted to, so he always had a couple of books in his bed with him.
I'm not sure Brenden has a chance. I'm 5'1" (ish) and Elliott is 5'10". Brenden was 3 on Feb 4th...36 1/2 inches tall. 32 pounds! :) Thanks for the update! I just love seeing pictures of the little guy.
Post a Comment