Saturday, April 9, 2011

Smile for me my Texas Baby!

It is so hard for me to believe that this is already our third year for bluebonnet pictures with Kaden.  We go to the same spot every year.  Kind of a tradition now.  I love living in Texas.  The weather is just as moody as I am.  If you don't like the weather, hang around a few hours, it'll change before the end of the day to the extreme opposite of how the day started.  Texas weather is crazy, but I love it here, and really have no desire to ever live anywhere else.  Texas born and Texas is where I'll die, I hope.  We didn't get any pictures that I just love this year.  Mainly because I can't do too much with my camera right now.  I still haven't gotten it fixed. 











 
Just for fun, do ya'll remember this chunky monkey from 2009?  Only a couple of months old here.

And this one is in 2010, at about 14 months old! 
I can't believe how fast he has grown!
What have we been up to lately?  Besides working ourselves to death.  We have been growing some windowsill herbs in antique pots from Lance's Memaws house.  If you recall, Lance's grandmother passed away this past year at 100 years old.  We were able to get several old things from around her house and make them into planters. 



We have planted a very small garden in comparison to last year.  Just don't have the time or energy for it this year. 

My friend, Megan, has started selling Thirty-One bags.  It's a really neat company, Christian based, and they just have the cutest things.  Here are some of the things I have ordered over the past two months.

I am in LOVE with my draw string purse bag, and my matching Bible bag that I had monogrammed.  Isn't this a cute set?  I love it!  They both go with me everyday, and every where I go.

Also, I ordered this basket as a wedding gift and I'm going to fill it with all kinds of kitchen goodies.  I like it so much I am going to order some for the house now.  And I know it will be so cute as a wedding gift.  You can do so many things with this basket.  It can be a toilet paper roll holer and magazine rack or towels; it can hold gift wrapping station stuff; it can hold cleaning supplies, etc.  And, it comes in different sizes, this is a small one.

And, last but certainly not least, I ordered this insulated lunch bag, with my name on it.  I take it to school everyday with my lunch in it.  It's a great size, but if anything I would buy the next size bigger. 


My Mom made these WONDERFUL signs for me for my classroom.  I can't wait to take them to school Monday and hang them up!  They are hand painted, custom ordered by me on canvases.  My Mom would be happy to special make any of these you would like to have made as teacher gifts or just as gifts.  She can do what ever size and color and design you want.  If you are interested in a canvas of your own, just email me at kellymabe@yahoo.com


I hope ya'll are having a great weekend! 

1 comments:

Megan said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bluebonnet pictures! I have not ever taken any of Hayden. I must do that, soon!

Love that antique flower pot!!

Love those 31 bags! And, I am so glad you love them too. Thanks for the shout out girl!

Love ya!