Sunday, April 24, 2011

Christ is risen from the dead.

I think it is amazing that Jesus loves us so much that he suffered and died so that we could be forgiven for our sins.  Jesus died for us.  To pardon our sin.  I am so grateful that God chose to raise Jesus from the dead and show his disciples that he was alive and that his words were true and that their duty was to pass on these great teachings and his story.  Can you imagine being those disciples and how they must have felt? How honored they must have felt to be in his presence, but how scared to. 
I am so amazed by the amount of love God has for each of us.  He saves us when we sincerely pray to him and offer our belief in Jesus's life, death and resurrection, and ask him to forgive us of our sins.  We are instantly and permanently saved at that moment.  Forever our salvation is secure.  However, we do not become sin free after being saved.  We are still sinful beings.  We have to keep striving to be more Jesus like.  By studying His word, scripture memory and with the help of the holy spirit, we can become more and more like Christ.  Yes, we are still going to stumble and fall and sin, we are sinful by nature, but once we are saved the holy spirit resides inside of us, throwing out warning signs to us when we are behaving or acting the wrong way.  God is an amazing God.  He equips us with the holy spirit that lives inside of us to guide us to be more holy, more Christ like.
I am so thankful today that Christ paid for my sins.  My many, many, many sins.  He paid for my sins of the past, my sins of the present and for my sins of the future.  I am so thankful that He rose again and lived here on Earth and then ascended into heaven and promised that He will return for us all.  I hope and pray that if you've never accepted Christ's call into your life that you will today.  Your eternity is secure with Him. 
Today I have been thinking of the first scripture I probably ever memorized in about 2nd or 3rd grade in Sunday school, John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that who so ever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have ever lasting life."  Amen. 

1 comments:

Amy said...

Hello...I think I need an adorable little red head fix! Any new pictures??? :) Hope all is well in TX...it's hot as hell in IL.