Saturday, August 13, 2011

In Touch

I have been greatly impacted by a daily devotional study I have been reading for two straight years now.  There is a daily devotional lesson, a scripture of the lesson, and a read the bible in a year chapters to read at the bottom of each day.  And, that is exactly how I read my way through the Old Testament for the first time in my life two years ago.  It kept me on tract and gave me a goal to accomplish each day and motivation to keep reading daily, because I had to keep up or get behind with my reading.  I took three spiral notebooks FULL of notes over the Old Testament, because I didn't want to just read it, I wanted to know it, and have reference notes to go back and study further.  It's funny to me how you can read the Bible and then go back and read it again and get new, totally different lessons from the scriptures depending on what is going on in your life.  The Bible is incredible. 
I just wanted to share HERE the link to this great devotional I read each day.  It is completely free and sponsored by In Touch Magazine by Dr. Charles Stanley.  I can't say enough good things about the impact Dr. Stanley has made on my life.  I started out accidentally finding his radio broadcast on 100.7 FM out of Dallas while driving to work over 2 1/2 years ago.  He has a morning sermon from 7:30-7:50 each week day morning.  It was right during my commute to work.  I began to listen to this message every morning, and still do on my way to teach at school each day.  Some days it is all that gets me going and to school.  It has meant so much to me.  So, through this program I learned of the daily devotional magazine.  They mail it every month completely free.  All you have to do is go to intouch.org and sign up!  It's the best thing I have ever done to grow my relationship with God.  I am so thankful God had me listen on that first morning while driving to school.  Happy Studying!  You won't regret it!

0 comments: