Friday, May 25, 2012

Blessed

In the first week of February I decided to join Thirty One gifts as an independent consultant.  I really had no idea how easy it would be, how flexible it would be, and how rewarding it would be for me.  Thanks to my sweet friend, Megan, for introducing me to Thirty One my family is being blessed by this new career opportunity. 

After November, when I had resigned from my Ag teaching career, and found out we were expecting baby girl, I started to look into direct sale companies, comparing them, trying to decide which would be best for me and which one would bless my family more. 

The good Lord definitely had a hand in this one.  Thirty One is a Christian based company, in fact the name comes from Proverbs 31: 10 –31 about the Virtuous Woman.  Thirty Ones mission is to celebrate, encourage and reward women.  And, they TRULY do that!  I have been encouraged more in my short 4 months with Thirty One than in all my years with other professions and jobs.  (Go thank a teacher by the way, they are sorely overlooked and taken for granted for the hours they put into your children. Teachers are doing what we would be doing if we had our children home all day, loving them and growing them into the people they will become.)  My first party over a $1,000 I got a call from the home office congratulating me on my party and thanking me for my hard work and encouraging me to keep it up!  Wow, that NEVER happened in education!

I started my Thirty One career on February 3, 2012.  A few days later a bright pink box arrived at my house.  I was SO excited to open that pink box and dive in!  Kaden was excited too!

Kaden 3 Years Old 001

My starter kit was only $99, and I knew that if it didn’t work like I had dreamed, at least I hadn’t made a huge financial contribution to it.  In fact, I knew I could make that money back in my first party or to!

Here’s my kit, all set up…

Kaden 3 Years Old 002

And, this is what I hosted my business launch party with on February 19.  Luckily, my director and friend Megan came to my party to support me and brought all her things as well.  I had 8 people at my kick off party, mainly family members and close friends.  They all ordered and I collected 3 or 4 outside orders.  My first party ended up being $755.97.  Since I hosted my own party, I got the hostess benefits for that party which greatly helped me build my business supply up.  I got $110 in free products, 2 half off items, and 2 hostess exclusive items.  That grew my collection immediately!  Plus, I made $188.99 on that first party!  Kit paid for FIRST party and doubled my supply of items to show!  Not to bad for a first party.  On top of that, I booked TWO parties from that party.  Those two sweet ladies, Jill Thornton and Leslie Castillo, truly helped me BUILD my new business and I couldn’t be more thankful for their support and encouragement.

  Kaden 3 Years Old 062

This is the items I earned from hosting my own business kick off party! 

In March I ended up only having Jill’s party, and it was a small party, only $309, but I booked a party that led me to GREAT places!  So, in March, while I was still working full time as an Ag teacher, and having pregnancy complications that required bed rest, I only made $77.25 in commission. 

April everything turned around!  I was then at home full time, on modified bed rest, and able to work the Thirty One business pretty much when ever and as much as I wanted.  Leslie hosted her party the first day of April, and it was an incredible party! It ended at $1236.00!  She was very motivated to earn the 3 free hostess exclusives and she rocked it out!  I ended up getting one party booked from her party.  My second April party was hosted for me by my Aunt Linda Fisher.  She had an awesome party for me that ended up getting me multiple parties off that one party!  I am so thankful for her support!  Linda’s party was $865.00 and I booked one party that resulted in a few parties!  Later in April I had a party with the lady that booked off of Jill Thornton’s party.  Her name is Shelly, and she is a principal at a local elementary school, she invited all her teaching staff on a Friday, which just happened to be their payday.  That party was $632.00.  I may have a future party booked off that party and I get to go back and set up for the teachers again their last week of school.  I did a small catalog party at the end of April that ended right at $200.00.  Those were my four April parties.  I finished the month with $2,956.96 in sales!  That’s $745.65 commission I made on three parties in April! 

On to May, my best and most EXCITING month yet! And, only my fourth month as a consultant.  I started to really focus on recruiting in the middle/end of April and my labors started to pay off this month.  I also focused greatly and did a ton of training on hostess coaching.  So thankful to God for this business!  My May started ROCKING with a party that was booked at my Aunt Linda’s party.  It was hosted by Susan, who had a $1329 party!  Woot!  Woot!  I was SO excited about this party, but I’ve got to admit this hostess was highly motivated!  And, not only was it a wonderful party, I booked THREE parties off of it!  That was a true answered prayer that got me completely out of my starting circle of customers.  God is GOOD!  My second May party was a party booked off of Leslie, this hostess was Jana.  Jana’s party ended up at $841.00, and I have a potential booking off that party I have to follow up with.  My third May party was last night with Bessie hosting, which was booked off of Susan’s party.  I closed her party out today at $744, and I actually did not book any parties off this party, I was kind of bummed about that.  Booking parties at your parties is KEY to this business because the parties are TRULY what keep you in business!  So, it is definitely a downer when you don’t book a party at a party.

So, this far May’s parties have totaled $3,029!  WOO-HOO!  That is $757.25 commission for May!  I am pretty excited about having two over $700 months back to back.  My goal upon starting Thirty One was to make $500 a month and to promote to Sr. Consultant by July.  I have exceeded my monthly income goal for two months now, and I have recruited TWO girls this month that have already enrolled and received their kits in the mail.  They are both hosting their business kick off parties this Sunday.  I am so excited to watch their businesses take off!  Amie was my first recruit and team member on May 15th and Kari is my second recruit and team member who joined on May 18.  I have two team members this month!  As soon as they submit $1000, I will be promoted to Sr. Consultant!  YAY!  Also, I have one more lady who is going to enroll before the 31st.  So, that’s THREE recruits and team members in May!  As soon as the first two submit their $1000, I start earning overrides from their sales.  I am blown away at the success I have had in May with this business, and my goal now is to get one more recruit soon, so I can have four team members and promote to director! 

I wanted to document this journey so far just for myself.  I have done all this while very pregnant, and luckily every one of my hostesses have been wonderful to me and carried all my bags and things to and from my car so that I didn’t have to lift anything.  This business has provided me with girl time out of the house and I have met so many new wonderful ladies already.  I am excited to see where and how high I can go with Thirty One! 

Just in case you are interested in learning more about Thirty One, my website is:  www.mythirtyone.com/KellyMabe

Thirty One 004

Thanks for the opportunity, Megan!  Love you friend! 

1 comments:

Megan said...

LOVE this post! :-)

So proud of you Friend!