I am SUPER excited! Kaden slept in HIS crib, in HIS own room last night! This is a HUGE step for me. I did, however, sleep in our guest room bed which is right across the hall from Kaden's room and not in my bed at the other end of the house last night. I just feel like it's too far away from me right now! Ha! Will I ever be able to let go? I got him to sleep and moved him to his crib at 10:30 p.m. and he slept until 6:30 a.m. in there all alone without waking up. We had a bottle at 6:30, and a diaper change, then he slept until 9:45 a.m. I'm SO EXCITED!!! Now, I didn't sleep that much or that well last night. I went in to check on him until about 11:30, then slept until about 3, went to check on him, 4:30 went to check on him, 5:30 went to check on him, 6:30 he started waking up and making noises and I went to get him up! Kaden DEFINITELY has to have the bumper pads in his crib because he kicks, rolls and turns ALL night long. Every time I went back in to check on him he would be in a different position facing a different direction. He's busy, even in his sleep! 
Yesterday, we went for Kaden's 6 month well visit. 
His ears are both clear again, thank goodness! He weighs 20 pounds exactly. (90%) [See ya'll, there ARE babies BIGGER than him!Ha!] He is 28 inches tall. (90%) And, his head measures 17 1/2 inches (75%). 

He is doing GREAT! He did so good with the shots today, after the first one he didn't cry until she started the second one, then the third and fourth had to be quick! He did get a little upset, but I had his blue bear and bottle ready to go as soon as she got done so he got over it quicker. I HATE shot days, it stresses me out! I think us mom's should get rewarded on shot days. He is sitting up all alone now, rolling over completely any and every way, and attempting to crawl.
He LOVES to eat his baby food, and we have had meat puree for three days now at dinner time with his veggie and fruit desert. He is such a Good eater!
After the dr appointment we had to stop at Costco to buy formula, but we also found Kaden a great new toy! This Mr. Potato Head has the ENTIRE potato head family in it. However, we will not be opening it for him ( the little pieces) for a LONG time, but he Loves the big Mr. Potato Head and he is playing with it pulling the face parts off already. And it was $18!!! 

One of my BFF'S, Leah and her boyfriend come by Monday to have lunch with us. She had a job interview in the area, and it was great to see her. When we got back from eating Kaden was crashed out, so here's just Leah and I:
Lance and I are both still on the job hunt. Hopefully, things will turn around soon for us. Our house is coming along though, we've had lots of time to work on it. I'll do a post when we finally finish!
I still have several friends and family members in need of prayer. My little sis, Tonya, who lost her husband and brother a couple of days before Kaden was born. She is really struggling with being alone and having to make a lot of difficult decisions and deal with difficult situations right now. She really needs our prayers. My little cousin, Kim who lost her baby the same day, and her daughter Chloe as they struggle to live without Montana. Things do not seem to get any easier for these folks, and I just really really appreciate all of you who continue to ask about them and pray for them. Also, I have a good friend who's mother is battling cancer and they need our prayers as well.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
YAY for Mommy!
Posted by Kelly at 1:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yay!!! I'm so happy for sweet Kaden and for brave Mommy!!!
Great job you guys! :)
Oh and I am most definitely praying for you and your job hunt. I am currently trying to find something part time that I can either take K with me or leave him home with my husband on his days off. It's so hard to find something.
Post a Comment