This post contains no pictures. Just lots of deep thoughts. I have been really focusing more on God's will for my life this year. I have begin to be more sensitive to all the things (people) around me that are broken and horrible and desperately need the Father's healing and love.
As you all know, my new years resolution was to read God's word each day. I have kept that resolution, and it has broken me (in a wonderful way). It has changed my life. It has opened my eyes and my heart to this broken world I live in. I know that there are many good things that are happening in the world as well, but my heart just hurts for all the hurting and all the lost people out there. I have been especially touched by children and their griefs and sorrows this year. Why are so many innocent children and babies sick and dying so innocently and young? I mean I know why, God used/is using them GREATLY to change the lives of the people all around that baby/child. But, I can't help but wonder why? Why am I so lucky to be blessed with a healthy child? Why are some people chosen for destruction and others aren't? I know I have learned so much from others grief and pain and loss. God has softened my heart and made me more sensitive to his spirit through others stories of grief and loss and pain.
God has really spoken to me about hurting children (children in need). For example, there is a lady that I teach with who is in her early thirties, single, a fourth grade teacher, and a foster care Momma. She takes up to four foster children at one time. She actually can only take two now, because she fell so in love with her first two foster children that she adopted them. They are now her two children, and she fosters two more as needed from the state. Today she is getting an 18 month old little girl who has been taken away from her family because of drugs. It ABSOLUTELY breaks my heart for those children who do not have a NORMAL, LOVING, CHRISTIAN, NURTURING household to live in. As much as I love my child, I can not imagine or accept excuses from people who do not care for their own children. God demands in the Bible that we care for the children. This demand has been speaking to my heart a lot this year and I just wanted to share my thoughts. The lady I teach with is doing exactly what God demands of us. She is sharing all that she has and doesn't have to make those babies have a brighter future. I think that is how God wants us to live. Live to serve and help others, even when we don't think we have the resources. God will always provide the resources when you are doing his work.
I feel God is calling me to ACT and to DO MORE for others and to do more to help others, especially children in need. I should be showing God's love through my hands by serving others more. My brain is racing with ideas... and I am praying and learning to listening to God about this matter.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Posted by Kelly at 4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment