Sunday, November 30, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby!

Lance & I had such a wonderful weekend preparing for this baby boy. We were able to spend the whole holiday weekend together, and for that I am so thankful. He returned home Wed. evening and was able to be home until Sunday morning. Thursday, we spent the whole day with our families. We started the day at my Granny's for lunch, then to his Mom's for dinner, and finally by my Dad's that night. We got plenty to eat, and we enjoyed visiting with all our family! On Friday, we went to Dallas shopping. We actually waited until about 1p.m. to go out shopping. We went to Babies-R-Us to buy a mattress for our baby crib, and were able to use our shower gift cards, and got a GREAT deal on our mattress, it was on sale 50% off. Then, they only had one left and it had a small cut in it from the people unpacking the boxes. So, we got a $199 mattress for $53! So, we were able to use all that money to buy all the other little items we still needed. For example we got a scan thermometer, baby monitor, bedding, bottles, some small rattles and toys, bath accessories, etc. We spent $212 total after using our gift cards, and got over $600 worth of stuff! We were very excited, and thankful that we decided to brave the crowds. Then, we went over to Lance's work so he could pick up some paperwork. So, I got to see what it's like when he goes to work. Then, we ended the night eating my FAVORITE Freebird's World Burrito in Addison. OMG! I needed that burrito! Another reason I LOVE my husband, he's not crazy about the place but he took me there. On Saturday, we went and bought storage containers to continue making room for the baby stuff in the house, we also bought the ONLY Christmas decorating I'm doing this year. Three poinsettias, one little table tree, and a front door Merry Christmas rug! And, I'm going to get a door wreath....other than that we are not DECKING the halls this year, primarily because I don't feel like it, and I know I really won't want to take it down later. After our shopping yesterday we went to a nice dinner on the square at a new rest. and winery. It was delicious! Lance wanted us to spend some quality time together, and after dinner we walked around the downtown square and looked at the cute little shops. We had a great time together yesterday, it was a great date day! I just love my husband and couldn't be more thankful for the time we get to spend together. We are both so excited to meet this baby boy. And, we are finally getting it all put together and ready for him. I hope your all looking forward to the holidays with your families, we are surely getting excited about our little boy. Only 9 more weeks!

1 comments:

Tonya,Lewis said...

Happy Thanksgiving, many things to be happy and thankful for. I'm so happy for you. Continue growing that healthy baby boy. Loves and Hugs