Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Start em Early



This post is especially for my best friend, Hilary! She bought Kaden this paci! This is the only one he will take. Imagine that? Gig 'em Aggies!!!

I originally did not intend to use a pacifier at all. In our hospital birthing plan I made sure that the nursery knew he was not to be given one or any kind of bottle unless medically necessary. It was all working perfectly until his 3rd or 4th night of life. My mom was staying with us, and I had gotten up at some point in the middle of the wee morning hours and taken Kaden to her. Me being exhausted and hurting, and Kaden being fussy and not wanting to go back to sleep after nursing. I went to lay down in my bed after handing Kaden off to mom. When I returned in an hour to check on them, they were both SOUND asleep. Only I was horrified to see that ATM pacifier in his mouth! I screamed, "Mom!" She honestly had no idea I didn't want to give him a paci. She got up after I'd layed back down and dug in his closet drawers until she found a paci! It worked perfectly for her.
He honestly doesn't use it though very often, he doesn't seem to like it so much. He wants the real deal! Like I said in earlier posts, he likes to nurse all the time. Anyway, I wanted Miss Hilary to see and know that he uses the aggie paci when he does use one! :) (Sorry, Hilary, he never got to wear the aggie booties, his feet were to big!)

1 comments:

The Bradley Clan said...

Just for some reassurance, Eva uses a paci, and we never had a problem with nursing (just weaned her this month, in fact!). And I'm expecting it to be a lot easier to get rid of her paci in a few months than it has been to get Sophia to stop sucking her thumb (which she STILL does at 4 1/2).