On a snowy Sunday, we teacher's get excited that we may just have school cancelled on Monday. That would be a great way to avoid Monday, to be at home snowed in and snuggling with my boys. On this snowy Sunday though, we are making hot chocolate.
This is one of my guilty pleasures during the winter time since I do not drink coffee. I have a cup of hot chocolate every morning on my drive to work. I make it with 3/4 water, 1/4 milk, and TWO packages of Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate mix. Real healthy!!! I love these aggie mugs because they are over sized, (the size of two regular coffee cups in one) they also are my favorite because wether my team is winning or loosing, I will always hold a special place in my heart for Aggieland. After all, I spent over five years of my young adult life there. In College Station the big textbook stores have a big clearance sale twice a year, end of winter and end of summer. You can get $5 t shirts, hoodies, sweaters, jackets, etc. I got these mugs at one of those sales, $1 each. I have four of them and have used them for seven or eight years now. I love College Station, and miss it dearly for many reasons. The restaraunts, the shopping, my church, Christ United Methodist Church, my friends that are still there (so jealous!), the Aggie Spirit, and the many things to do there with your family and friends for entertainment. Just an all around great place to live. Small town feel, with everything you could ever want readily available. My dream is to one day get my Master's Degree from Texas A & M. We'll see!!! Hey, everyone can dream, right?
Back to our Snowy Sunday, Kaden goes to the back door and looks out at the snow and says, "Snow, Bbbrrrrrrrrr...Cold!"
We are sitting in the floor eating these yummy animal crackers...
On a snowy Sunday we are sitting in the floor watching Barney movies...
On a snowy Sunday, Kaden pulls his "Sadie bug" around the house in his, "big Truck!" He always calls her Sadie Bug! It's precious, she just sits there and rides until you tell her to get down.
I am cooking chili, it is actually ready right now, and we are about to have Frito pies, Yummy!
We have lots of snow...
on this cold, January 9th, 2011, we have lots of snow!









0 comments:
Post a Comment