Monday, December 22, 2008

Blue Christmas...

Well, I have a couple things to vent about this week of Christmas. First, my husband is stuck in the mid-west (IA) currently with a froze up truck, and has been waiting for help for over 10 hours and they still haven't shown up to help him get running again. To top it all off his first loads were suppose to be delivered this morning, meaning nothing is getting delivered today. And, IF they get his truck going again he will have to start tomorrow like today trying to get his loads off. His loads are travelling further into the blizzard in Minnesota. Yip-he! And, they called this morning and told him that they have a BACK haul for him ready. And, he may have to load it on the 24th. EITHER WAY, he's not going to be home for Christmas. And, that's why I am sad, blue, and mad!!! Our first Christmas,a nd we don't even get to be together.
Second, last night was the beginning of the family holiday parties for me. My Dad's Christmas was last night, and I went alone. My Mom's Christmas is tonight, and I'm going alone. Lance's Mom's Christmas is tomorrow night for the grand kids, and I'm going alone. Christmas Eve I have ABSOLUTELY no were to go or anyone to share the day with. The same for Christmas Day, with the exception that my Granny's Christmas will be that night for us grand kids and I will again go alone. I just wanted Lance here to be able to see how Christmas is in my family, to be there with me. It's sucks!
Third, I've come to the conclusion that pregnant women past their third tri-mester should have servants to dress them. I can no longer lift my legs higher than 1 foot to put on underwear, socks, or shoes. It's pretty challenging to get dressed without falling. And, I'm sure it actually looks pretty humorous if anyone were here to watch. Dressing is a challenge.
We've made it to week 34, how exciting!!! This is the happy news in our lives, sweet baby boy will be here in less than 6 weeks!!! If he keeps growing at the rate he's been growing, making him 5 pounds 4 ounces right now according to my dr. and sonogram (so, a guess) but, at that rate he can afford to come a couple weeks early. I say anytime after week 37, I'll be happy!
Current Status of Mom and Baby:
Mom- blood pressure good
swelling- mild
weight- (OMG!!!! 180 pounds) That's right, you didn't mis-read that! (That's 45 pounds I've gained!)
Baby- 5.4 pounds (approximately)
heartbeat-strong and healthy
movements-great!
So, here we are in week 34 and moving right along! Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope your holidays are with your loved ones.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hey girl!! It is good to hear from you. I have no idea you were married or having a baby! Congratulations!! I am very excited for you. I can't wait to hear all the boy stories you can share with me. :-) Send me an email at mrsmegansmith@yahoo.com so we can catch up and get together soon!

Anonymous said...

45 pounds isn't that bad. I've had several friends who gained more like 75 pounds (and managed to lose it all afterwards)! Hang in there. Also, I'm with you. As soon as I hit week 37, I just kept thinking, "Ok. You can come out now. Anytime would be great!!"