Friday, December 19, 2008

The Ups and Downs!

Our doctor's visit went very well today. Our little guy is GROWING and has a long and strong heart beat. We go back on January 2nd, then every week following that visit. Luckily, Lance has been able to go to all my appointments with me, except the very first appointment, and one other. But, he gets really excited and wants to be there with me to see and check on our baby. So, that's the good news. I have mild swelling as well. Everything else seems fine for this week!
Lance, however just returned home last night, and has to leave early in the morning. I started crying when he got his call today to go back to work. Because I had hoped to spend this week of Christmas together, instead he will not be home until LATE Christmas Eve night, if that. He is off to MN!!! I am praying for safe driving weather for his sake. And mine, so he'll be home for Christmas. So, I will be doing the little baby stuff I can and finishing out my lesson plans for the next 8 weeks when school returns. I need HELP getting things put away and organized in the house to make room for all the new baby equipment if anyone has time or energy to volunteer. (LOL!) Lance's one day home each week isn't allowing us enough time to get anything done while he is here. So, I am trying really hard to be patient, and was hopeful that he'd get a few days home to help get it all done. I feel so bad because the one day he is home each week, he runs himself to death trying to do as much as he can for me at the house. He's such a sweetie, but he just can't do it all. I need help!
Other things I should have included on my list that I am looking forward to:
1. Taking Advil again for back pain! Tylenol just does nothing for me.
2. Not having nasal congestion. Since the first trimester of pregnancy my nose has been congested and bleeding, which I have never experienced in my life. It's to the point right now that I have to breath through my mouth at night and my lips stay chapped.
3. Sleeping comfortably without this big belly in the way. (Not that I would trade the big belly for the world right now)
Oh Yes, I swear EVERY person Lance & I came into contact with today, one after another, asked "When are you due?" It's to the point I think I may start wearing a sign around my neck that reads, 'February 4th' !!!
We have made a lot of progress on the nursery in the last couple weeks, and I will try really hard to post some pictures soon of the little guys space! It's pretty cute!
We installed the car seat tonight in my car, so we have his ride all ready and waiting in my car. Lance drove me to school this morning to get my lesson planning things, the kids that were there early where so excited to see me. They really made my day and made me feel special, they had made me cards and I got Christmas gifts as well. Today was their party day, so I hate that I missed it today! Today is one of those days you LOVE to be a teacher, you get to cut loose and have fun with the kids a little. I hope all of you on break from work enjoy your holiday, and to every one else Merry Christmas to you and your families. God bless you all.

0 comments: