Saturday, January 2, 2010

Eleven Month Birthday!

Photobucket

Wow! Today is Kaden's Eleven month Birthday! That is just CRAZY! In one month we will be celebrating a FIRST BIRTHDAY! I've always dreamed about my babies first birthday party, and now that it is here, I have done no preparation toward it! We've got to get busy, I have lots to do to get ready for his party! We need a first birthday outfit, party decorations, a cake (what kind of cake am I willing to let him have?), party favors, gifts, invitations, ice cream, etc.... Oh My! I better get busy! Also, Kaden's birthday is on a Tuesday, and Lance is off work on Tuesday and Wednesdays, so do I make it a middle of the week party, on his birthday, and convenient for us, or do I do a Sat. or Sun. and not be convenient for us? Oh, the decisions to be made.

Photobucket


Kaden is So busy these days. He waves and greets everyone and everything, including the dogs, with a Hi! It sounds more like "I", but he means Hi! It's toooo...sweet and cute. He took four steps yesterday in a row before falling. He is starting to try to walk to and from two people. He's doing a great job. He doesn't even realize he is walking most of the time. He'll be holding on to a toy or the coffee table and just take off a few steps before he realizes he is doing something different. I can't believe we will have a full blown walker on our hands very soon. He is SO fast, he can go all the way through the house from one room to another before you realize he's gone. He gets into everything you could ever imagine, and things you would never imagine a baby getting into he does. He loves Piper, and calls her, "Pa" "Pa". He says "Mama" a lot, as well as Daddy now. He says NaNa, J.J., Ba (for ball). He loves to throw balls, loves telephones (the real ones), loves remote controls, keys, and any other item you don't want him to have.

Photobucket


Kaden is eating lots of new table foods including beans of any kind mushed up, he loves them! He is also eating baked sweet potato and regular baked potato. He had his first kids meal at IHOP the other day with Lance and I. We got him a pancake and scrambled eggs. He LOVED it and ate almost ALL of it, we couldn't believe it. He ate the pancake plain. (No syrup yet!) He also loves Gerber Graduates Zesty Tomato Puff Chips, Puffs, Yo Baby Yogurt, Stage 2 baby foods, some stage 3 ( they gag him for the most part on stage 3.) He also has any fresh veggies we have cooked, some bread pieces, and softened Cheerios. I have been holding off on a lot of foods because he still only has two teeth on bottom.

Photobucket


Kaden weighs approximately 26 pounds, and still has beautiful blue eyes! He is wearing a size 4 diaper, (5 diaper to sleep in at night only) , 18 month clothes, size 6 shoe (and he doesn't have any at the moment, we just wear socks!) He likes all his new toys he received for Christmas and plays with them very well. We are going out today to use his Christmas gift cards and buy him a toy to push around, walk behind. I think that will have him walking in NO TIME!

Photobucket


Kaden is C-R-A-Z-Y about his Daddy. When the dogs start barking that Lance is home, Kaden trys to beat them to the door to get to Daddy first. He will start crying if the get ahead of him. So funny and cute! He can't wait to see Lance and he wants to be held the second Lance comes in the door. He is VERY clingy toward Lance this last couple weeks, he wants Daddy and Daddy only. It's very sweet, but I think Lance is starting to get a taste of what it feels like to be Mommy and never have a minute to yourself. Ha! That little boy surely loves his Daddy though.

Photobucket


We are looking forward to his first birthday, and can't wait to celebrate on February 2, 2010! This year has flown by so quickly, and our baby is growing up so quickly! Momma and Daddy love you, Kaden Angus, you make us so proud!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love that picture of Kaden holding his Daddy's leg. Toooo cute!! And that outfit! To die for!

I can't believe it has almos been a year!! It feels like yesterday that we found each other's blogs and we were both pregnant!

The Bradley Clan said...

Kaden is getting so big, but he's still as handsome as ever! You've mentioned twice now that you're waiting for him to get more than his bottom two teeth before offering him more foods, but you don't really have to wait. Mostly he'll have teeth for biting long before he has teeth for chewing. Those gums will work for mashing the food up before he swallows it. As an indication, Eva was eating table food exclusively by 9 1/2 months--even little bits of cut-up apples and chicken nuggets with the crispy part taken off from McD's. (She's my 3rd; what can I say?!)

Also, you should check out the Stride Rite store sometime. They make great shoes, and they have various stages from crawlers to pre-walkers to walkers.

Love you and miss you, Kelly! Hope the next year is wonderful for you and your family!