Pasta!
We are having angel hair (or thin spaghetti) with marinara and meat sauce. With a green salad and Texas Cheese bread toast! And, sweet tea, of course! Yum-o! 
Bring one large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tsp. sea salt to water (this is your only opportunity to flavor your pasta). Add 1 Tbsp. (or eye ball it!) EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). EVOO keeps any pasta from sticking together. Add angel hair (or which ever pasta) to the water and boil required amount of time. Drain in colander, place about 4 tsp. butter in bottom of pot, add pasta back to pot and cover with lid to melt butter and keep warm. (Can you tell I watch Rachel Ray???)
In a large skillet brown 1 lb. ground hamburger meat. Drain fat off in colander. Return to skillet, reduce heat to medium, add one jar of Prego marinara sauce. ( I put about 1/4 cup hot water in the jar and shake to get all the sauce out of the jar into the skillet.) Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then simmer as long as possible until eating.
Use an italian lettuce mix (bag mix -or- romaine). Cut up tomato and thinly slice red onion, toss with italian dressing, and enjoy!
In the oven bake Texas Style Cheese Toast at 425 for 5-6 minutes! Pour sweet tea into glasses over ice! Enjoy! YUMMY!!!!!!! Great for left overs!
***I do not mix my pasta with the sauce. I let the person get the amount of pasta they want and the amount of sauce they want. Lance & I like eating the pasta plain, left over, so we don't mix it all together.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
It's Sunday, so what's cooking?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment