Sunday, May 3, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday...

Photobucket


Please, excuse my tardiness to the party, Kelly. Have I mentioned that I have a new baby??? And, I also am back working full time? Which translates to an excuse to be 2 days late with a Friday post, right? But, I wanted to participate in the kitchen edition of show us where you live. Now, after looking at what seems like about a 100 or so kitchens from this tour, I feel like my kitchen is in sad shape. It is not custom and new like most of the homes on this tour. But, it is HOME and I love it. This is a project area for my summer vacation from school. The super 80's wallpaper and border will all be removed and painted this summer! And, I am ITCHING to redo our cabinets to make them look more updated. I want to do a dark chocolate brown with new silver pulls and knobs. Can't wait!
So here's our country kitchen!!! (P.S. I LOVE SEEING OTHER PEOPLES HOMES! It's an addiction of mine, that's why my tv stays on HGTV.)

This is the view from the dining room...


Photobucket


Photobucket

Yes, my counter tops are cluttered. It just seems to be a never ending battle. Anyone else feel that way?


Photobucket

Yes, I have my refrigerator covered in stuff! And, the top could use some cleaning off! Oooopps!

Photobucket


And, we have a bouncey chair on the table and dog kennels and food bowls on the floor, welcome to my house!


Photobucket


I found this little corner shelf at Ross for $20 a few years ago. I had cataloge order one from JCPenney that cost over $150, then the day after building it found this at Ross, I took the JCPenney one apart, packed it back into its box, and got my money back! I keep my ivy's on it that I got when my Papa Fisher passed away(Thank you, Martha, these were little tiny starter plants last June), and my cook books are all on the bottom shelf!

Photobucket

This little barn has special sentimental value and meaning to me. My Papa Fisher built this for my Momma when I was a little girl and it's always been in our house. A few years ago, when I bought my first house, mom gave me the barn. The figurines my Granny bought to go inside. I love it! It reminds me of my childhood spent with my Granny &Papa on the dairy!


Photobucket

Another project in itself, cleaning out and re organizing the pantry! Do any of you recall that I used to be a SUPER DUPER housekeeper and organizer??? HA!


Photobucket

I have a slight 'LIKE' for canisters or JARS! I have three sets out on my kitchen counters. Here's the glass ones!

Photobucket

The stainless ones!


Photobucket

The pasta jars!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I am so jealous of your pantry! I don't have one...Thanks for sharing you kitchen. This has been a lot of fun!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

KIMBERLY said...

thanks for sharing! i too struggle with clutter on the counter and especially the pantry! it is a constant battle! hope you have a super weekend! you will have to post updated pics after your summer projects!