Check out my good blogging buddy, Kelly's blog, she inspires me DAILY!!!
I just wanted to write a post to remind myself of all the many things I am thankful for. It has been a very ruff season of heartbreak and loss for myself and my family, and with all the many prayer requests and bad news, we sometimes forget to be thankful for what we still have. It is sometimes hard to be thankful when we question why so much. But, we do still have our life to live and I am praying that God's purposes will be revealed to us for comfort in all this pain and loss.
Even for those of us who walk in the light, and have God at our side, the road isn't easy. There is still heartache and pain for followers of Jesus. It doesn't all become good because your a Christian. It is just more tolerable to me, because I believe. I know that my loved ones are safe in heaven's arms and happy. I do not grieve for them. Don't get me wrong, I miss there physical bodies and selves greatly, but I grieve more for those of us left here to question why? We are selfish as humans and want to keep our loved ones with us throughout our whole lifetime. We want our glory here in this lifetime. We can not understand why? But, through our faith in Jesus as Christians, we can be reassured that we will be with our loved ones again. And, until that day we have to fight away the temptations and demons that call us to stray from our beliefs daily. The day can not come soon enough for some, when they will see their loved ones again, for these people daily life is a struggle, we miss our loved ones. We want them here. But, we can be assured that our loved ones are in the light. And, there, through Jesus, we will be with them again one day.
As you all know if you've followed my blog, I have been participating in a bible study. It is titled, Simply Praying. A couple weeks ago I had to write a prayer for this study in the form of a letter to God. The letter was to include:
Give thanks. BE SPECIFIC.
Keep in touch. Tell Him about what's happening in your life.
Make your requests.
Invite Him to be part of your day.
Add a love note.
Here's my letter, which I have been praying for a while now.
Dear God,
Thank you for my precious husband, who loves me so much. He is a true gift and light to me in this life. Thank you for my precious son, Kaden, whom we are so blessed to have and we are so in love with. Father, thank you for this most precious gift in my life, the gift of motherhood. Lord, thank you for our good health. Thank you for our beautiful home and that Lance and I both have good jobs to provide for our son. Thank you for our families, that they love us and support us in so many ways.
Lord, you know my life is busy with all the many duties of being a new, first time mommy. My day is consumed with bottles, diapers, rocking, and entertaining Kaden. I am so thankful for this job as mommy, but I am so tired, Lord. Give me strength to be the best mom to Kaden. Lord, give me energy to love my husband when I'm so exhausted from the baby. Lord, help me deal with the many losses I have experienced in my life, help me be a light to you for my friends in need of love and comfort. Lord, help me with my worries, anxieties, and depression. Help me put my fears in you, Lord. Help me to call on you when faced with my demons, Lord. Lord, bless my broken hearted friends and family. Be close to them now. Guide them to you, God. Lord, please be a part of my day today. Please be a part of my day tomorrow, and everyday. Please know that I welcome your presence and I need you Lord every minute of my day. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for forgiving me. Lord, stay with me all day long and remind me of your presence with me. Your love is my most precious gift and one I am so thankful for, Lord. Amen.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Being Thankful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment