This song, Jesus Bring The Rain, is all I keep hearing play through my head this morning. I have tried so hard through all the recent tragedies in my life to rely on Jesus for comfort and understanding. But, it seems to be harder and harder to praise him with more sad news yet again.
Last night my childhood best friend and best friend all trough high school, Stacy, lost her precious baby girl. Makayla Gabrielle Gregg passed away in her sleep last night, again leaving us without a reason at this time. Makayla was born on May 26, 2006. She would have turned 3 on May 26 this year.
My thoughts go back to the YEARS of friendship Stacy and I shared growing up. We were little dribbler cheerleaders together in FIRST grade! We spent SO much time at each others houses growing up that our parents ADOPTED us as their own children. We showed dairy cows together in high school, we were FFA buddies attending conventions and shows together. We had such wonderful dreams for our lives, and Stacy has become a wonderful mother to her two small children. Now, my heart aches as I realize that my friend has such an obstacle to overcome, such a pain, that will never go away in this lifetime. Please pray for Stacy and her family, her husband David and her son Braden, as well as Stacy's parents, who are heartbroken for her and their grand daughter. It is hard for me to thank God today, and for that I feel guilty. Please pray for me as well as I try to be confident in my new motherhood with all these tragedies. I just look at Kaden and my heart brakes for Stacy and Kim as I can not imagine my whole world leaving me. Kaden is my world, and I can not even imagine loosing my baby. I know my whole life would just stop, as I know their lives have.
I found this poem for Kim today, from MONTANA to his MOMMY:
My Angel In The Sky
My angel in the sky,
who comes to me in dreams at night.
You left me without a single word,
but when I close my eyes,
your voice is heard.
Telling me you'll be alright,
that you're not scared,
you're in the light.
And now whenever I need you near,
I close my eyes and you appear.
He's my angel in the sky,
who comes to me in dreams at night.
To let me know that he's alright,
he's with God,
he's in the light.
(Tanya Kendall)
And here is a poem for Mom's trying to survive the loss of their child that I found:
My Mom Is A Survivor
My Mom is a survivor,
or so I've heard it said.
But I can hear her crying at night
when all others are in bed.
I watch her lay awake at night
and go to hold her hand.
She doesn't know I'm with her
to help her understand.
But like the sands on the beach
that never wash away...
I watch over my surviving mom,
who thinks of me each day.
She wears a smile for others...
a smile of disguise!
But through Heaven's door I see
tears flowing from her eyes.
My mom tries to cope with death
to keep my memory alive.
But anyone who knows her knows
it is her way to survive.
As I watch over my surviving mom
through Heaven's open door...
I try to tell her that angels
protect me forevermore.
I know that doesn't help her...
or ease the burden she bears.
So if you get a chance, go visit her...
and show her that you care.
For no matter what she says...
no matter what she feels.
My surviving mom has a broken heart
that time won't ever heal.
(By Kaye Des'Ormeaux
October 15, 1998
Dedicated to the mothers who have
lost a child & have somehow survived.)
I am off to listen to my song, "Jesus Bring The Rain", and PRAY for GOD to bless these Mom's who have lost their babies. I am posting this song on my blog today, so turn up your sound and listen with me and praise Jesus. Even though it is hard for me to praise Jesus today, I will continue to be thankful to him for my many blessings in my life. And that is the POWER of Jesus, even when I think I can not praise him, he gives me STRENGTH and PEACE to do so. PRAISE JESUS!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Jesus bring the Rain!
Posted by Kelly at 10:48 AM
Labels: Stacy's baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear about more loss in your life. Your friend Stacy will have a special place in my prayers along with Kim.
Post a Comment