I once volunteered for the weekend for a program at Texas A & M University called Crunch Time. It is sponsored by Wesley at the A & M United Methodist Church. The purpose is to prepare high school juniors and senior in a weekend retreat for their college experiences. It just gives them a Christian approach at how to approach different situations in college life. Something I sure wish I would have attended in high school, it didn't exist then! Anyway, that was a very rewarding weekend experience spent with youth group kids from my church at the time. Anyone interested in this program should check out the Wesley web page through A & M United Methodist Church.
Today though, I am focusing on a different kind of crunch. Abdominal crunches! Mom & I brought in the old Ab Lounge last night from our storage container in the back yard and I have started hitting it hard. I have a B-I-G belly roll to get rid of. But, rather than belly roll, I'll call it Baby Roll! I am pretty well back to my normal shape except for this one problem area, and maybe a little access up top as well. (LOL!) Not much I can do about that though. So, I am walking Kaden man in his stroller as quickly as possible when it's pretty enough outside, and crunching! Over all, I gained 52 pounds while pregnant with Kaden. From 138 to 190! Holy cow! I have lost down to 159, so 31 pounds in six weeks. However, that leaves me 21 pounds to go to get back into my old wardrobe. And, I am determined to do just that. Wear MY clothes this summer!
So, off to do CRUNCHES I go!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Crunch Time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Just to give you a dose of reality (and to keep you from getting too discouraged!), it can take up to a year (or more) to lose all the baby weight and more importantly, for your body to get back to its "normal" shape. Even then it never goes entirely back to the way it was, and I say that having lost all my baby weight from each of my pregnancies.
Ha! I hear you! I started doing crunches this week, too, because I am sick of my belly. Of course, mine is all over weight, not just my belly. Can you beleive that I am 155???
Post a Comment